Monday, August 18, 2008

I want to be an artist...

Well, the truth is that I'm settling down into the idea of being a writer. That seems to be my current calling. Mind you, it's quite hard trying to work out what you want to do for a living. Luckily I have a bit more time to make up my mind, and so until then, I will ponder meaningless ideas, such as....

I want to be a bohemian artist, who is surrounded by nymphs and gypsies. The kind of people who just seem to move around in packs, with a lot of wine, cheese, art, canvasses, smoke, incense, and Spanish music playing in the background. All the while producing art, whether it be on a canvass or a piece of writing, that has depth, beauty, a lot of secret coding, and lots of meaning and is extremely important and influential and will be remembered for all time. Just a few prerequisites.

Perhaps I need to find some website that will inform me on how to be an bohemian artist. Not that I necessarily want to be a painter, or anything like that. It would be cool, but unrealistic. But I would love to be surrounded by other bohemian artists.

This being said, I see the following things as necessary to become apart of a bohemian revolution, and will possibly take them into consideration in my efforts to become one:
  • Move to Paris
  • Become friends with gypsies, nymphs, artists
  • Take lots of weird drugs
  • Drink a lot of absinthe
  • Have a lot of 'high' sexual experiences
  • Spend a lot of time in art supply shops and studio lofts
  • Change my name to something much more stylish and artsy
  • Find a cause to fight for, none of this war and climate change bullshit. Let's fight for something a little more original and less pussy-ish. Like the rights for smokers! (Well, something along those lines)
  • Let the art flow....

No comments: