Monday, August 11, 2008

Is anything sacred?

(full story here)

Poor Bill. At least that's what they're calling him. The Google car caught him at his most vulnerable. Bill attended the funeral of his friend, got pissed and passed out in the gutter. And Google cam caught the results.

Privacy? It's almost like CCTV, broadcast on the internet. I know of people who are in these Google images, including my own grandmother. (For anyone who doesn't know, Google went around taking 360 degree angle photographs of every street and then uploaded these photos to Google maps. I bet you want to check out your street now.)

Everything is out there now. I bet you'll catch a lot of cars in places where they aren't supposed to be...and possibly more scandalous things. What rights to we have as citizens now in this new technological age? I start to wonder.... It's a mad, mad, mad world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sacred.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha aww poor guy. Pretty scary what google is doing though, who gave them the right to photograph everybodies homes???