Friday, April 3, 2009

Fit for an iQueen

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama recently landed in London for the G20 summits. And while in town, the Obama's had a little meeting with Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Phillip. But what present would be given? Of late, the Obama's have been giving some interesting, if not unusual presents, most noticeably a collection of 25 American Classic Films to UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. So, what were we expecting from the hip, cool and trendy, Blackberry obsessed US Prez?

When I heard that young Lizzy received an iPod from the Obama's as her official present, I couldn't help but wonder, what was on it? And then what would she likely to add, presuming her was as uber cool as Obama.

Naturally, little jokes such as Dancing Queen, and Queen's Greatest Hits come to mind, but According to the Associated Press, the iPod had a collection of popular Broadway musicals hits from such shows as "Funny Girl", "Dreamgirls", "Rent", "My Fair Lady" and "The King and I" among many others.

As when Brown received his collection of American classic films, I wondered, if I was Obama, what would I put on the iPod for the Queen. Perhaps I'd thrown in some Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell, classics in my book, maybe some Greenday, and some local chaps called The Beatles, and some of their contemporaries. As I pop forth this question to myself, I pop it forward to you: If you could put anything on the Queen's iPod, what would you choose?

No comments: