Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Crippling Addiction....

You know you're addicted to Facebook when you start joining groups called "I'm addicted to Facebook and I need help" or "I'm addicted to Facebook, and I'm in denial about it"

Well, if anyone happened to catch Lesley Stahl's interview with the creator of Facebook on 60 Minutes last Sunday, you would have discovered that there is one thing worst that being addicted to Facebook. And that's being the creator of Facebook.

This guy, Mark Zuckerberg (the Facebook equivalent of the Myspace Tom) may be worth a huge amount of money, and may have turned down a giantic sum of money just to still have creative control over Facebook, but the guy is still a nerd. And I hate him. I hate him for furthering my weak, impressionable, vulnerable, neurotic and paranoid personality with the juggernaut that is Facebook.

It proves that I have no life. When I'm at home alone, I find myself refreshing the Facebook homepage. And for what? No one is messaging me. And the vicious cycle just continues. Then they brought in Facebook chat. Its just like MSN, but worse. And yet, its the best thing ever. Except there is rarely someone good to talk to on it. But thats another sad and lonely story.

For now, I will finish the blog. Go have a milo, turn on my electric blanket and watch some good ol' fashioned tv. And then I will probably check my Facebook again. Why? Because my life is that thrilling, and I just wrote a blog on how crippling a Facebook addiction is.

1 comment:

M xx said...

I have to admit - I too have an addiction to Facebook. Although my case isn't as bad as yours, I still find myself going to the address bar and typing www.facebo.... when clearly all I wanted to go to was Google.

I don't know if you noticed this either, but the guy who made Facebook has a strange mouth and probably has never been laid.

I tell no lies.