Thursday, June 5, 2008

Released on DVD today

SWEENEY TODD
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street


Yes, that's right! Tim Burton's latest masterpiece was released on DVD this week, and I have to say that the news actually made me happy. Not all films can do that.

When I saw Sweeney, it was in a big, loud cinema, and so naturally I had a good time. However, I seemed to be in on a perhaps not very well known thing: its a musical.

That factor can be overcome by the great amount of blood and gore it has in it, despite its unnaturally red hue.

Nevertheless, Johnny Depp is great. Helena Bonham Carter is okay. Could have sung better, but she's sleeping with the director, so what do you expect? Gold? But she is a fantastic actor, and apparently underwent extensive vocal training. Pity you can't tell. But Depp sings well. The sets and costumes look fantastic and have that Burton-esque dark gothic tone, which I love.

2 comments:

M xx said...

You do know Sex and the City was released today also...

Blogger68 said...

this was purely on DVD